USGS Water Web Services Showcase
This page features examples of public sites and applications that use services on this site. Some applications must be purchased. See USGS disclaimer below.
- dataRetrieval - An R package designed to simplify the retrieval of NWIS data into the R environment (R 3.0 and greater). All services can be utilized using this program. Optional Feedback/Support is available at Feedback to dataRetrieval.
Detailed information on additional USGS R tools and developments can be found at USGS-R
* Links to non-USGS sites - Links and pointers to non-USGS sites are provided for information only and do not constitute endorsement by the USGS, U.S. Department of the Interior, or U.S. Government, of the referenced organizations, their suitability, content, products, or services, whether they are governmental, educational, or commercial. Some of the documents on this server may contain live references (or pointers) to information created and maintained by other organizations. Please note that the USGS does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of these outside materials.
Showcase your site or application
Do you have an example web site, tool or application using USGS water web services that you want to share? If so, you may wish to send us your information for future inclusion.
- The site or application must use services described on this site (waterservices.usgs.gov).
- Please note that this site is updated irregularly, usually only several times a year, so there may be a significant lag time before your application appears on this page.
- The USGS reserves the right to remove information for sites or applications where the web page links no longer work or where the site or application no longer appears to be maintained.
Please provide the following information in your email using this form:
- The official name or names of your site or application
- A brief description of your site or application
- A link to a web page where someone can learn more about your site or application
- Describe the services you are using on this site (instantaneous values service, site service, daily values service, etc.)
- Any particular operating system or hardware requirements (examples: requires Windows 7, iPhone or Android device)
- Support policies, if any
- Optional: any feedback you have on the usefulness and reliability of USGS Water web services.